DTH Service Providers in India
Now DTH is replacing the traditional Cable TV service in India. There are many advantages for DTH over the cable TV like there is no cabling needed. It can be used in rural areas where the cabling are not done.
In cable TV very often the cables break and we need to call the cable TV service provider to fix it and it may take days.
In India there are now a good number of DTH service providers and we can see more players coming soon. The more the number of service providers, the better for the consumers. Due to competition the consumer gets better deal.
- Doordarshan Direct Plus – Doordarshan was the first to introduce DTH in India. Its a free service, but there is limitation in channels.
- Dish TV – Dish TV was the first entertainment DTH service provider in India. DishTV brings you 180 digital channels straight from the satellite to your home.
- TATA Sky – Tata Sky is from the TATA group in India. Tata sky has a very good service and competitive packages. Services are excellent as I have been using it.
- Sun Direct - There are different packages available like the Tamil Package, Telgu package and more. You can add up any channels when ever you want to your package.
- Big TV – BIG TV is a Direct to home service from Reliance group (Anil Ambani). Reliance BIG TV is using MPEG 4 technology which is first time in India. It has 32 cinema halls, digital quality in sound and video. There is a special launch offer now
- Airtel Digital TV – Airtel digital TV is available in 62 cities in India. It also uses the MPEG 4 technology. There are two packages available, the Gold package and the South Platinum
Videocon will also be launching the DTH service soon in India.
Are you using a DTH service or cable TV. Please share your experience
Update : March 6, 2011, 3:07 am
Videocon is a new addition.