Getting new topics for your blog posts
How do I manage to do regular posts?
- Feed Subscriptions – I have subscribed to a good number of blogs and other news websites and make sure that I read atleast the headlines of these feeds. I use Google Reader to read these post and to mark them as read so that I notice the new posts done on my favorite blogs and news websites. If I find anything interesting or if I feel that I can write more or something different or something contradictory about the topic, I do post it on my blog.
- TV news – I regularly watch news channels and keep myself updated with news flashes and again if I feel that I can write something about that topic, I do write it as a blog post
- Day to day activities – I do write about my day to day activities on my personal blog and I enjoy sharing my thoughts through my blog. I always move around with my camera and take pictures and videos for posting on my blog
- My Travel – I am lucky enough to travel for my official needs and I do posts on the places I travel.
- Place I live – I do have some to tell about the place I live. There are lots of incidents which can be converted to blog posts.
- Thing you use – You can write about the things or products that you use and share your experience.
- People you meet – If you meet people who are specialized in some field, then you can write about that person, create a video interview or write a text interview if you do not have a camera
- Place you work – Write about the place you work, projects that you can share, things you learn, problems you need solution, problems that you have found solution.
If you have reading habit then you can do write about the things you read and create blog posts. Initially when you start a blog, you will find it very difficult to do regular post as you may not get sufficient topics to write about, but once you start off, you will find this problem solved. You should try to maintain the theme of your blog and write on topics related to the theme of your blog. If you have a personal blog, then you can write about anything that you come around, like if you go to a restaurant for a dinner, you can write a post on that particular restaurant, dishes, menus, service etc. If you watch a movie, you can write a review about that movie, if you go to a shopping mall, you can shot some pictures, video and post about the mall.
This is the way I manage to do frequent post. How do you do?