Professional Blogging – Two Types of blogs [Day 24]
Earning from blogging is a proven method and there are many who make a good income from their blog. Some do blog as a hobby like I do and some do i as their profession. They take blogging as their full time job and work in an organized manner. There are many who have converted from part time / hobby blogging to a full time professional blogger looking into the growth of their income from their blog.
In this post I am covering a topic which many of us might have known but I am trying to explain some facts from my experience of blogging and making income out of my blog. In this blog you will find posts related to latest happenings and even some posts which are informative and make keep those posts bookmarked for future references. If you are a professional blogger, you should have a better planning of things that you should do on a daily basis and allocate time for different activities like social network marketing, etc related to your blog.
There are two types of posts that you can write on your blog
- A post that would have importance or relevance only for few days like this one which received 1000′s of visitors for 2-3 days
- The second kind of post is something which is on everlasting topic like this one which receives good number of visitors everyday and it’s being continued for years.
Now you need to decide this before you start a blog or you can even take a decision now or even you can maintain a combination of two which I am doing.
Advantages / Disadvantages of writing posts on trending topics
- You get instant traffic which may give you good income instantly.
- You can write short posts not giving much importance of going in depth explanation.
- You can expect traffic spikes very often and even get a lot of new vistors if you are well ranked on search engines.
- You will have to keep your blog with fresh content everyday.
- You may have to be one of the first to publish breaking news on the internet so that search engines rank you higher.
- You may lose traffic / visitors if you are not updating your site on a daily basis and even updating your site on the topics that you are covering.
- You may have to work late hours / unplanned timings if there is a breaking news
- It may take some time to get traffic
- You do not have to keep watch on breaking new or any un-expected events.
- You can have your own working hours
- You do not have to write fresh posts everyday, but it’s good to have a consistency in publishing new posts so that your regular visitors are not disappointed.
- You will get a steady flow of traffic even if you do not write a post every day.
- You will have a consistant income
- You will have lots of people linking back to your post if you have detailed information covered on your articles.