Upload your videos to Blip TV for better quality and fast processing time than Youtube
I have put some videos on Blip TV which I took from Vilu Reef Resort. I find the quality of the video excellent. I edit and convert the videos to DivX format and upload it. I could really experience the difference with other video hosting sites like Youtube, Yahoo Videos, MSN Video, Google videos which I have already tried. Vimeo is other one which has the ability to host HD size videos, but practically looking if your viewers do not have high speed Internet, then its scrap. We cannot expect all our visitors to have very high speed or broadband Internet, so we need to go for solutions which can serve all your visitors. Most of the video hosting site do detect the speed of the Internet connection and show videos accordingly.
I have hosted many videos on my own server and play using custom players like the JW flash player, but again the problem is for converting the videos to flash format and maintaining the speed and quality of the video
Advantages of Blip.TV
- You can upload the videos using the the upload form, FTP, directly from Windows Movie Maker and some other uploading tools are also provided.
- Earning from the clips that you upload to Blip TV is shared. You can get paid through Paypal or by Cheque. If your video goes to the front page, you can earn up to US$ 2000 per month. The minimum payout is US$ 25 with PayPal
- The quality is much better than Youtube
- Customize your Player
- Branding your player – You can put your name and link to your blog on the player
- Opt the way of advertising
- Excellent statistics and reporting system
- Downloads and uploads are fast
- Advanced configuration of the player can be done if you are an expert
- And many more, just sign-up for an account and check it yourself
I am using Revver which is also good and has revenue sharing from the advertisements. Youtube is fast and most popular, but it does not share the revenue with normal account.
This particular video was edited using Videospin and converted to DivX (.avi) format and uploaded using FTP. It took just less than a minute to be live. I find most of the video hosting sites takes long time to convert to flash format and the quality is not as good as on Blip TV.
I have just started using this, so I am not aware of all the pros and cons of this site. I will be posting updates of the experiences that I have with Blip TV.