Today I was listening to a telephonic inteview of Justice Santosh Hegde who is known for his incredible work as Lokayukth of Karnataka. He has always been a person with clean image and also is a former justice of the Supreme Court Of India. He is thinking of quiting from the panel of the current Lokpal committee after the comments from Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh of not acting against the Chief Minister of Karnataka.
It was the Bhushans and now Justice Santosh Hegde who are being targeted by the dirty people or so called leaders of our country. My thoughts are these comments should be ignored or this would be a sort of failure. We the people of India want this bill to be passed and there are lot of people who feel that their power and money would be in danger if this Lokpal bill is passed. We know that the majority of the politicians and powerful Government officials are corrupt and they would not want such a system to be implemented and so they would do any dirty deed to break this.
First we heard about the doctored CD which is very much planned and every common person can understand that the motives behind this. We the people of India want this bill to be implemented and we all are with you, just stay calm and get the things done.
Drafting Committee for the Lokpal Bill consists of two groups, i.e 5 from the Government side and 5 from the civil society.
Government Representation includes
- Pranab Mukherjee, Finance Minister of India, Co-Chairman (with Shanti Bhushan)
- P. Chidambaram, Minister of Home Affairs, Panel Member
- Veerappa Moily, Minister of Law and Justice, Panel Member
- Kapil Sibal, Minister for Communications and Information Technology, Panel Member
- Salman Khursid, Minister of Water Resources, Panel Member
Civil Society Representation includes
- Shanti Bhushan, Former Minister of Law and Justice, Co-Chairman (with Pranab Mukherjee)
- Anna Hazare, Social Activist, Panel Member
- Prashant Bhushan, Lawyer, Panel Member
- N. Santosh Hegde, Lokayukta (Karnataka), Panel Member
- Arvind Kejriwal, RTI activist, Panel Member
The entire country is with the civil society members and want the bill to be passed at the earliest and want to see it implemented and see Indian to be corruption free, book people responsible to shame India. We hope and will fight till be get our rights and kick the corrupts behind the bars.