Translation WordPress Plugin Using Google Translate
I have released a stable version 1.3 which is working fine with PHP 5. There are some issues with PHP 4. I am working on that and hopefully I will be able to release a version working with PHP 4.
This plugin is working excellent for me and I have got some feedback from some other users who have downloaded this plugin and are using it.
What does this plugin do?
As you know that there and different languages used on the world wide web and you get visitors from different country. If you are able to offer the translation in different languages, it will be of real use to your visitors. Translating all your pages to more than 20 International languages manually are practically impossible for a blogger or any individual. There are translation engines which provide this service and I have used the Google Translation API in this plugin.
Even though these engines do the translation work, the translation received needs to formatted properly to display the output as the same as the original ones. I have worked a lot on this and tried to put up the translation results the best way it can. I know that there are some issues, but its acceptable.
This plugin does the following
- You can translate more than 20 International languages.
- The translation can be done by the visitor using an option selection or just clicking the languages link.
- AJAX is used, so the translation is provided instantly without the page reload.
- Every language has a permanent page and the page is stored in the database for future use. If you have made some changes to your post, you can clear the caches and get the new translation done
- As all the translated pages has a Permanent link, your pages are indexed by the search engines.
Installation is very simple, just upload the unzipped files to the plugins directory and activate the plugin.
To create pages for each language, you need to modify the single.php file as given below
To generate titles in the translated language, you need to modify the header.php file as given below
After activating the plugin, just go to the setting link , you will find the Kish Translate settings link Once you go
to the settings, you will find all the options to customize the view of the “Kish Translate” Widget and select the
I need your feedback to improve this plugin, so please post your comments here
You can download Translation Plugin for WordPress Here